Southern Girl Layout

January 21, 2011

Baskets with Chalkboard Tags

Don't you just love being organized? I especially heart the baskets that come with the little chalkboards, so you can label all your stuff. I hate the price, though (about $20+ for a decent-sized basket). I just couldn't justify buying all new baskets to be able to have the little chalkboards.

Today it occurred to me: I already have great baskets, I already have chalkboard paint, all I need are little chalkboards. So I trotted off to Michaels and picked up a package of 6 wood signs ($2.99, minus $1.20 with my 40% off coupon). Then I went home and painted them with my paint (leftover from another project).  Fifteen minutes later, this is what I had! Ahh, organizational bliss*.


I even decided to add the chalkboard paint to some jars I was using for our dog supplies. I taped off the areas I wanted chalky, and then painted them:


Here is the paint I used:


*After realizing that the chalk rubbed off way too easily, I went with a chalk marker. This is a much better option if you want your labels to stay on without rubbing off. It can be removed with water if you want to change your labels later.

No comments:

Post a Comment