Southern Girl Layout

February 24, 2021

Movie Theater Christmas Tree

 Here's my fun take on a movie theater themed Christmas tree; I made it for our home theater:


I made the tree topper from a metal film reel from Hobby Lobby, with a miniature Academy Award statuette epoxied to the front. I also spray-painted and then epoxied a PVC pipe inside the reel so the top of my tree would fit snugly inside:

For the garland, I laminated tickets (purchased from Amazon), then hole-punched them with a very small punch and added tiny gold open jump rings to string them together. For ornaments, I purchased mini clapboard keyrings from a party supply store, and removed the keyring part. I also saved mini candy boxes from Halloween, then hot-glued them shut and added ornament hooks. I think they add a lot of charm to the store-bought movie-themed ornaments:

I made the tree base from 4 full-sized movie clapboards; to hold the tree, I screwed a threaded pipe into a metal floor flange that was mounted to a piece of plywood (all purchased from Lowes):


No comments:

Post a Comment