Southern Girl Layout

August 27, 2017

Nautical Themed Baby Shower

Quite a while ago, I hosted a nautical themed baby shower for my much-loved sister. So many people have asked for help with similar parties that I decided to post the pics here. I hope they help generate ideas and fun for your celebration!

I had very limited time to purchase and assemble everything for this party, and it was all done before I owned my Silhouette machine, so I would do things much differently today. Still, given the limitations, everything turned out beautiful and people are still talking about it. I've included tips below some of the pics.



I made two of these for the party. I used styrofoam wreath forms, wide ribbon, rope, and wooden letters (all from Michaels).

All of the signs were made with $1 store picture frames, scrapbook paper, and rope that was glued to each frame.

These are pretzel rods dipped in white chocolate and colored sugar, with bobbins tied on the end. I used brown sugar in the base to resemble sand.





I can't take any credit for this stunning cake, contributed to the party by my equally stunning sister.

The "AHOY" is made from wooden letters with wood blocks glued to the back so they would stand up. I hand-painted them, then glued on a few nautical pieces (from Michaels).

Here, more brown sugar was used to resemble sand under the licorice "anchor lines."


"Seashell" chocolates in a jelly bean base.

The "sea water" bottles looked so cute!




The striped rope added a lot to these flags. I printed the flags on card stock, attached them to very skinny dowel rods, then glued on the rope.





These were our photo booth props.







The boat snap napkin rings were one of my very favorite things. I "borrowed" the idea from Martha Stewart: http://www.marthastewart.com/270478/nautical-napkin-rings. Here's her version, close-up:









1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an amazing theme and color choices done for the baby shower! Mine was a sober tea party at one of the nearly located and affordable San Francisco venues last year. My friends gave me so many blessings and gifts. Cake cutting and balloon décor was the best. Party props done later with light music were also cute.

Post a Comment