Southern Girl Layout

July 2, 2011

4th of July (Interior) 2011

Happy almost-Independence Day! Here are some pics of our interior decorations. I made most of them; tips follow each picture. Are you ready for the holiday?

The Study decor is simply 2 large vases purchased from Michaels, with 3 large flags in each. For the center decoration, I found the 8x10 photo frames at the dollar store, placed a piece of scrapbook paper in each (blue background with white stars), then added the letters, which I had glittered red.



The centerpiece is made of styrofoam spheres, with red, white and blue silk rose petals hot-glued to them. I made the extra-tall hurricanes from glass candleholders glued to wooden candlesticks. The stars inside of them came from Hobby Lobby.


I filled glass apothecary jars with stars from Hobby Lobby, basket shreds, and spheres which I had spray painted red, white and blue.

This wooden star was originally a Christmas ornament, purchased after Christmas on clearance. I taped it off into 3 sections and painted each section with acrylic paint. Then I drilled a hole in the bottom, and inserted a dowel and wooden base that I had spray-painted black.


The word "FREEDOM" is made from 7 separate wooden letters from Michaels, to which I applied craft glue and then red, white, and blue glitter.

  
These stars were also originally Christmas decorations, purchased on clearance after Christmas had passed. I simply taped off the bases and then spray-painted individually for the 4th of July.



I have not decorated our exterior yet; the Las Vegas sun is too damaging to put decorations out in advance. I promise to post them soon!

Let me know what you think; I'd love to see what you did to make your home festive for the 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment