Southern Girl Layout

July 8, 2011

Guest Room, Part II: Guest Baskets

We have enjoyed numerous visitors this summer, and I was inspired to add a personal touch in our guest rooms for friends and family to enjoy. The idea came about after a guest mentioned that she missed her robe, which she had left at home. I was perplexed that she never noticed the guest robes hanging in my guest room closet.

I decided I needed to leave a note for new visitors, letting them know about the supplies we have for them, since I don't always remember to tell them. That idea turned into a basket filled with:
  • A personal welcome note
  • A typed/saved info sheet which includes:
    • where to find towels, toiletries, robes, a hair dryer, sunscreen, fan, luggage rack, extra blankets and pillows
    • how to adjust the room's temperature
    • the address and password to our wireless network
  • Bottled water
  • Snacks
  • Pre-stamped postcards
  • A local map
So far, I've set the baskets out for our last few visitors, and they've been a huge hit. Here's how they look:


Nifty idea, right? Do you have any traditions for your guests?

No comments:

Post a Comment