Southern Girl Layout

July 30, 2011

Cookie Jar Hanging Label

When I make treats for my family, they get placed in our cookie jar, which stays out on our kitchen counter. I've often wished there was an attractive way to label the contents of the jar, especially since I'm apt to try new recipes and no one ever knows what is in the jar.

Enter an idea for a permanent, but changeable label of sorts. I named it my "Cookie Jar Nametag." To make it, I used a small piece of wood, black spray paint, a length of necklace chain, 2 eye hooks and a piece of adhesive-backed white board film.

I sprayed the wood black on both sides, then drilled tiny holes for the eye hooks. I screwed in the hooks, then measured and cut the chain to fit around my jar. Lastly, I placed the white board film on one side. All in all, the project took less than an hour, and now I can label the contents of my jar.

Here's what it looks like:


Here's a closeup so you can see the hooks and chain better:


Of course, I use a dry erase marker so I can change the name of the contents easily. Alternatively, you could paint the wood with chalkboard paint and use a chalk marker instead.

Fancy-cut signs look cute, too. Here's another one that I made with a pre-cut chalkboard sign (from Michaels) and a longer chain:



No more guessing the flavor of the tasty treats that are waiting to be eaten!

No comments:

Post a Comment