Southern Girl Layout

December 18, 2011

Christmas Tree Skirt I (Sports Theme)

I must get therapy to help me with something my sister calls a "matchy-matchy" problem. The disorder seems to worsen with time, and it has no end in sight.

This year, I decided I needed (that's not a typo, I "needed," not "wanted") theme trees for some of the rooms in my house. Rooms like the gym and the (work-in-progress) home theater. Of course, my "matchy-matchy" problem reared its ugly head, and not only the ornaments had to match the theme, but the tree skirts did, too.

Have you tried to locate a tree skirt with a sports theme? I tried and tried, and couldn't find one. Ditto for the cowboy tree. Well, that's not entirely true. After much searching, I found a cowboy tree skirt but the price was exorbitant. And you know me; why would I spend $75 for a tree skirt? I can buy an entire tree and its ornaments for that kind of money.

So, I made 3 new tree skirts this year. The sports tree skirt was a simple cut and hot-glue project. The fabric is from Hobby Lobby; the trim is from Michaels:



  
My matchy-matchyness (at least for the home gym) is finally sated.

No comments:

Post a Comment