Southern Girl Layout

December 13, 2011

Topiaries Re-Purposed for Christmas

I really wanted a pair of Christmas "somethings" for my entry, but hated the thought of buying some huge decorations and then having to store them all year. So when I saw some poinsettia topiaries at a local store, I thought about the sad looking topiaries I was saving, and realized they just needed a makeover in order to become the perfect pair of Christmas decorations.

First, let me show you how they turned out (I don't want to scare you by showing you the "before" pics first); here is one of them:


This is what it looked like before its makeover:



I know, it's pathetic. This is what happens when you leave things outside during a Nevada summer. To make them over, I used a bunch of silk poinsettia bushes (you can get them on sale right now at the craft store, or look for them at the dollar store):


 
After snipping the blooms off their stems, I simply stuck them into each of my sad-looking topiaries:


 Lastly, I added some pinecones to each pot, and voila:


This idea would work on wreaths or other faux plants which have seen better days. If you are anything like me, you will be so happy you spared them from the landfill, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment